Skip to main content

Hi,

In the below metric  with 2 dimensions Month and Version, I try to combine a Previous (Month) and a BY.
For now I have the error formula is invalid.
The trick  I found (please see the second screenshot) is to create a second metric “Other cash test” so I can apply BY .

Thanks for your help,

Hi @Cedric LJ ,

Modifiers could not be applied after the Previous function, currently this will get you the invalid formula error.
However in you example, I believe you can apply the BY logic you wish to add in the first argument of your IF statement.

Hope this helps,
Issam

Thanks for the answer.
In this case It’s not doing the trick.

Is there a way to get the previous month value and forecast it on the future months without using a Previous(Month)?
In my below example I want to forecast from Oct 23 using sept 23 value.

I still need to use a “by” to apply my balance sheet mapping.

@Cedric LJ ,

Could you please provide more details on the dimensions of your metrics?
You are actually applying the eBY: ‘Account level 4 mapping’.”Net Cash”] to store the result on the item “Net Cash” of the dimension ‘Account level 4 mapping’ whereas this dimension is not part of the structure of your metric (you have only 2 dimensions: Version and Month).
Could you test the formula when you add the dimension ‘Account level 4 mapping’ and apply the pBY: ‘Account level 4 mapping’.”Net Cash”] after the gREMOVE: ‘Compte comptable’]?

Hope this helps,
Issam