Skip to main content

I have various forecasts and weights that are derived in different models and need to piece together a daily forecast.  Long story short, what I have below is the daily forecast but is set up by the date the week starts and the day of the week.  I need to “convert” that all into one metric with just the day dimension.

I have created another metric that has the same dimensions but the result is itself the day dimension.

And so what I want to do is somehow assign the values in the first metric to the day dimension in the second metric.  The block is fully aligned but I am not sure how to code this properly.   I’ve played around with the BY modifier but I just can’t seem to get this working.

I10pBY CONSTANT: I11]

Any sort of modifiers I throw on just give me one row for the day of the week.  Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Believe I found the solution.  I needed to use the → function in the BY modifier.  Just adding the solution in case someone comes across a similar issue.  The more I use it, the arrow is pretty slick and can get your data how you want to see it.

Values aBY SUM: 'Day of Week' → Metric of Dates]