Solved

Assigning Dimension to Metric Calculation

• 27 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Seasoned Pigmenteer
  • 20 replies

I have various forecasts and weights that are derived in different models and need to piece together a daily forecast.  Long story short, what I have below is the daily forecast but is set up by the date the week starts and the day of the week.  I need to “convert” that all into one metric with just the day dimension.

I have created another metric that has the same dimensions but the result is itself the day dimension.

And so what I want to do is somehow assign the values in the first metric to the day dimension in the second metric.  The block is fully aligned but I am not sure how to code this properly.   I’ve played around with the BY modifier but I just can’t seem to get this working.

I10[BY CONSTANT: I11]

Any sort of modifiers I throw on just give me one row for the day of the week.  Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Kevin 27 June 2024, 21:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Believe I found the solution.  I needed to use the → function in the BY modifier.  Just adding the solution in case someone comes across a similar issue.  The more I use it, the arrow is pretty slick and can get your data how you want to see it.

Values [BY SUM: 'Day of Week' → Metric of Dates]