Bills of Materials Management in Supply Chain Use Case.

• 20 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Budding Pigmenteer
  • 6 replies

Hi , I am looking to figure out a solution for BOM Management in Pigment. 

Background:

I have 2 columns in source data, one for parent and one for children.

I want to create a hierachy using these 2 columns. 

The catch here is, parent can be a children or children can be a parent. 

Let me know if anyone is interested to work on this challenge with me. 

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Mukul!

I’ve moved your question to the Questions & Conversations section to keep our community well-organised :) This is your go-to forum for questions like the one you posted (and the lounge is typically for more social stuff).

All the best,

Isabella

Badge

@Isabella Leslie-Miller - Thank you so much :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Mukul,

Creating a BoM for a supply chain planning use-case is definitely possible in Pigment, but I do not believe there is a way to turn the source data you have described into a hierarchy. Pigment is a planning tool, whereas it sounds like what you want is something like a Python script :)

I would recommend converting your data into n files stating the child and parent of each level of the hierarchy, where n is the number of levels in the hierarchy. Then you would create n dimension lists in Pigment to represent these.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Badge

Hi Mukul,

Creating a BoM for a supply chain planning use-case is definitely possible in Pigment, but I do not believe there is a way to turn the source data you have described into a hierarchy. Pigment is a planning tool, whereas it sounds like what you want is something like a Python script :)

I would recommend converting your data into n files stating the child and parent of each level of the hierarchy, where n is the number of levels in the hierarchy. Then you would create n dimension lists in Pigment to represent these.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

So, is it not possible to create hierarchy in Pigment? Because I see that in Anaplan our team was able to create one with the same set of data.

I thought it would be easier to do in Pigment as it seems to be more flexible.

I am new to Pigment so looking for some technical support.