Skip to main content

I have a metric with so many IFs conditions,
Out of those, there’s one condition which checks the other boolean metric is False Or Is Blank.
ISBLANK(Is active?) : I am using this logic, its giving me the cardinality error.
If I am replacing it with Is Active <> TRUE, it doesn’t give the error ; but it checks only the values which aren’t true, i.e. False, and doesn’t checks the Blank values.
Any suggestions? to resolve this as I need to check both “((Active? = FALSE) OR ISBLANK(Active?))

Hi @pigment_enthusiast,

Can you provide a bit more info about your formula and also the dimensions that you are using ? Maybe you don’t need to run the ISBLANK(Active?) on all the cells.

I you have several IF condition you might want to split the metric in 2 or potentially use the SWITCH function.

Hey @CDALMAY ,

I have a metric with 5 nested IF conditions .
One of the IF Condition checks whether the team is neither active nor promoted, then return ABC metric of Date data type.
This condition:

​​​​​​​IF(('aActive?' <> TRUE) AND ('aPromoted?' <> TRUE) ,ABC, nested IFs)

If the condition doesn’t meet, then run the remaining IFs (those IFs are working fine , i had tried to run them separately and they aren’t causing cardinality issue.)

But the condition only checks whenever aActive is False and a.Promoted is False,
But I want it to consider blank cases as well.
If i write <<< ((‘aActive’ = FALSE) OR ISBLANK(‘aActive’)) >>>  , instead of True condition, it gives the cardinality error.
Dimension of Target Metric: Team, Project, Integer
Dimension of Source Metric: aActive? : Team, Project, Integer
Dimension of Source Metric: aPromoted? : Team, Project, Integer 
Data type of source metrics is boolean and target metric is date.

Hi @pigment_enthusiast,

The cardinality issue is because running the formula for all the combination of Team x Project x Integer which seem to exceed the limit of 1 000 000 000.

Could you try to flip the conditions and do the following :

IF(('aActive?' = TRUE) AND ('aPromoted?' = TRUE) , nested IFs, ABC)

That way it will run only for the TRUE cells and use ABC metric if the first condition isn’t met.