Skip to main content

Hi Pigment community,

I am trying to calculate our revenue per employee metric. The metric should show Rev/FTE by month, and then, when aggregated by quarter, it should take the total revenue for the quarter and divide it by average monthly employees. The issue is that, for quarter it is summing up the total employees instead of taking average. This is what I am getting in Pigment, for instance:

But what I want is the following:

I tried showing “Total Revenue” as % of metric “Employees”, but even there it is still taking the sum of 3 months employees.

I created table with Quarter dimension only, which fixes this, but I wanted to have months there too.

Hi Dastan,

What you are trying to do won't be possible using the aggregators since they are limited the type of calculations that can be performed in a given column. The only option is to use quarterly metrics instead, as you have mentioned. 

Here is an example between monthly and quarterly metrics: 

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTAzMTUxOTQ3NTEyLCJkb21haW4iOiJnb3BpZ21lbnQuZnJlc2hkZXNrLmNvbSIsImFjY291bnRfaWQiOjI3MjAwMTd9.iDDYL-2vT2nWZ6IaIJ5WARS_fqsEDWHwODr6Vywlt2Q

Thanks for looking into this, Maxim. I see.