Skip to main content
Question

Detailed video instructions for modeling in pigment

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Pigment Community,

I am a beginner in financial modeling and have a very shallow learning curve in Pigment and often don't progress well. I have to constantly look up tutorials and forums to do simple things that I often don't fully understand.

What would help me a lot would be a detailed video of a project where the budget or forecast in Pigment is set up step by step and all the steps in Pigment are explained. Especially modeling with dimensions, transaction lists etc. is difficult for me without a lot of previous experience. (E.g. which metrics do you basically need and how are they created from the raw data?)

Are there any such videos available?  I haven't found any suitable examples on YouTube or Google.

Is there an overview page of all Pigment videos from the Academy? That would also help a bit without always having to search in the respective topic subpages.

Thank you!
M

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Marco,

If you're looking for detailed video instructions on modeling in Pigment, especially with dimensions and transaction lists, I highly recommend exploring the Modeling Fundamentals learning path in the Pigment Academy.

This learning path offers comprehensive video lessons and hands-on activities to help you grasp the basics of modeling in Pigment. Plus, you can test your skills with a final quiz to earn your Modeling Fundamentals certification.

For additional help, you can also check out these valuable resources:

1. Learning Path: Modeling Fundamentals
  2. Multi Dimensional Modeling
  3. Top Tips for Modeling in Pigment - Part 3: Board Design

If you still encounter any challenges, feel free to reach out to Pigment Support for further assistance. They are always ready to help!

Badge +1

I will go on learning with the Pigment learning material. 💪

Nevertheless, it would be great to create a real case, for example setting up a P&L with actuals and forecast in an extensive video. Maybe it will fit into your YT channel or the internal documentation for users at some point in the future.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey @MARCO_BMG , 

We’ve got two activities on building a P&L statement in Pigment and the 2nd one finishes with the video walkthrough of this process.

1. Build Your First Application: This course offers a comprehensive guide, providing detailed instructions to help you get started.
  2. Build an Application on Your Own: This course allows for a bit more independence, offering a more concise overview of the process.

Hope it will help!