Skip to main content

We had to create a workforce roster of all employees with on target cash (or OTE) in local and USD and it was very challenging to do this. Internally, on our team, we tried to troubleshoot it ourselves and spent a few hours with no success. Then we engaged our solutions consultant to do this and it took him 25 minutes to go through the spiderweb of how to take local currency multiplied by current fx rates to get USD. In my past experience using other systems like Adaptive, this would take 3 minutes. I’m bumping this up because I think there is an opportunity to create an easier/more intuitive formula playground or builder for some calculations.

Hey

thanks for the feedback !

if you have an FX rate metric by Currency and month. your formula should be:

roster.localOTE / FXRateeby:roster.currency,roster.loaddate]

can you explain a bit more where was the complexity so we can improve ?

Thanks Nathan for the quick response.

Our Solutions Consultant was able to solve this was it was a spiderweb of trying to troubleshoot (it was a godsend!) and took approximately 25 minutes.  The solve was this code:

IFBLANK('TBH_Data_Final Employee Salary',('TBH_Data_Annual Local Wage' 'by: -> TBH_Data_Currency] * 'FX Rates' 'select: 'S03C_Current Month'] ]select: 'Reporting Currency'."USD - Forecast"])]remove: 'FX Currency'])

Ideally, I would love to get a formula wizard/assistant in Pigment in the future so that it makes formula writing for basic stuff more intuitive (see screenshot).

And as I mentioned, in my past to convert local to USD was using this formula assistant and it took 3 minutes.