Skip to main content

Hi Pigment team,

I am working on the report, which contains multiple columns with amounts (i.e. tax codes with its own amounts for each employee). Something like following:

The issue is, when I want to import this into my Transaction List, I have to manually create 4 columns with different names (NYSD, MPEP, etc.) to capture amounts. And, this source file comes with additional columns (new Tax codes) every time, so I need to change the import settings every time to add new columns.

Is there way to automatically add these column headers to, maybe dimension list, and make the system capture new amounts automatically?

Hi Dastan,

When importing into your transaction, make sure to choose Pivoted in the Data layout settings

This will make Pigment turn your data in a more usable format, where you can use your column headers as a property for each transaction line. Make sure you select the correct headers (in your case, I’ve selected 2 column headers and 2 row headers).

You can then import each column as a separate property in your transaction.

Hope this helps!

Hi Francois,

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot, this is very helpful!

Dastan