Skip to main content

I have Services Bookings that I need to turn into Services Revenue over a set of months based on % of completion. Each Services Bookings (ex: $100K) relates to a product (Product A) that has a set number of services hours (ex: 300 hours) that amortize over a set of months (ex: month 1=50, month 2=150, month 3=100). To calculate revenue by month, I need to multiply Revenue $ per Hour ($100K/300 hours) by hours in each month. How do I reference the same Revenue $ per Hour in each of the 3 months? As I book deals over time, each month will have different Services Bookings that will impact the Revenue $ per Hour for that Services Booking Month. 

Hi @rykasa ,

Assuming you have the following :

1. Metric Services_Bookings dimensioned by Product
  2. Metric Services_Hours dimensioned by Product and using a property inside the Product dimension
  3. Metric Services_Hours_x_Month dimensioned by Month and Product. You could have a conditional formatting that check the total of this metric is matching the previous one.
  4. Metric Revenue_x_Month dimensioned by Month and Product will have the following formula :
    'Services Bookings'
    /'Services Hours'
    *'Services Hours x Month'

Given your example, each hour will be $ 333.33

Let me know if that’s what you expected.

Thanks for you quick response. I have 3 months of Services Bookings for the same product all with different $ amounts. The Services Hours by Product by Month are standard regardless of what month the Services Bookings happen in. The Services $ per hour will be different because the Services Bookings $ are not standard (sometimes $100K, sometimes $50K, etc.) which changes the Services $ per hour. To book Services Revenue, how do I reference the Services $ per Hour from the Services Booking Month for each future month of revenue?   

Hi Rykasa,

You should first calculate the full amount, Hours X Price

Then spread this amount over months:

SPREAD(AMOUNT,MONTH,X)

X being a number, probably a time estimate by product (or any other dimension)