Skip to main content

Is it possible to trigger an import from Netsuite, Amazon S3 or Salesforce using Pigment’s API?

So in this case we don’t want to send the data in the request body, we just like to trigger an existing import using the API instead of having the import to run on a schedule. Just want to confirm if this is supported or not, can’t really tell by reading the documentation here: 

Hey Ola, 

If you are for example using the native NetSuite integration you are able to publish a button to a board, which you can use to trigger an import manually. You just need to create an import and save the configuration. 

Pigment has such a wide variety of native connectors that I have not needed to use the API Request integration myself, but I have worked with another EPM tool in the past that was not as flexible and a common trick I used was to create an Azure Logic App or an Azure Function App, which can be used to execute scripts for data imports etc. Logic App and Function App both allow HTTP-triggers, which means that you could publish the URL-trigger to a board and use that to trigger whatever scripts you want. 

Hope this helps :) 

Thanks, but in this case the question is just related to how the data team can trigger an import after a import file has been prepared in Amazon S3. They fear that the data volumes will be to big to include everything in a single request, and hence they like to prepare a file and then just make a request to the API to trigger a file import.