Question

User-dependant dropdown list on Table

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,
We have a table, as below, used for assigning departments to employees. Additionally, we have an ARM_department metric for managing users’ department access right.

I want users to see only the departments to which they have access in the dropdown list (rather than all departments) to avoid mistakes.

I know that something can be set for Department dimension, but this would affect the entire workspace, right? Is there a way to restrict it only in this table?

Thanks for any advice,

Weining

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Weining Ben,

You can apply dependent dropdown into your table to filter available Departments for in dropdown menus metric.
Click this link for more detail Create a Dependent Dropdown on a Table | Community (pigment.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, @Thu Mai ,

Thank you for your response.

As I understand it, this feature allows restricting the dropdown list options based on my Employee dimension. However, I want to restrict the dropdown list options based on the User dimension (which is in the Admin app) to display only relevant departments by users.

The issue is that the User dimension does not exist in this table, so it seems that this feature cannot be used. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Got you @Weining Ben

Yes you have to apply User dimension into the metric to restrict dependent dropdown for Department by User.

You said that you want to “restrict it only in this table”, maybe you can set this up, then choose Dynamic Variable - “Current User” in page options setting, so Pigment will automatically identify the current user interacting with the table