Skip to main content

Hello Everyone, 

I am working on a headcount report where in I have Actuals and Budget along with the variance. 

Now I want to reference scenarios in the formulas somehow to create a metric to use this logic:

If Actuals is blank and Budget is there, it means that that seat is not filled yet.

Is there anyway to do it?

Hi,

You can’t reference scenarios in formulas.

Typically if a seat is being taken, info should come from the HR system and the match happen on the seat ID.

However if your actuals come from a transaction list, your metric will be filled on every scenario so you’ll have “actuals” on your budget. Can you describe a bit more what you need ?

Hi Nathan, 

Actuals are coming from Workday and for Budget we have a transaction list. Currently we are using Actuals and Budget scenario but we need to incorporate the logic which we cross scenario calculation. 

We have had the same issue with developing a cross-scenario calculation.  An approach we used to solve it is to create a dimension list that is similar or exactly the scenario names.  They we have a boolean dimension to identify the scenario.

Depending on the use case, the scenario dimension list may be a field on a transaction list or it may be added to a metric using a gBY:] modifier.

Since the metric now has the scenario dimension, we are able to reference it across scenarios.

Each use case is a little different, although I hope this helps.

Hi Rami, 

Thank you for your response and looks like very interesting workaround. I will DM you to understand it more.