Skip to main content

Hello there! Is there any functionality to edit display names of Scenarios in Pigment? (Or any work arounds)

Here is the situation: I’m working on a BvA (comparing Actuals vs. Plan). In order to show my Actuals data I am using the “Current Forecast” scenario (because the Current Forecast scenario always has the latest and greatest actuals). However, when I put the BvA together the title of the scenario is “Current Forecast” and I don’t see any way to change it to “Actuals”

Questions:
1) Is there functionality to edit display names of Scenarios in Pigment?
2) Is it general best practice to have a “Actuals” scenario (fully dedicated to only showing Actuals data) 

Hi,

Scenarios don’t have names + display name properties like dimensions do.

It’s not yet possible to change the display name of a scenario.

However it is possible to rename a scenario by clicking on the Edit options.

You can also maybe imagine duplicating your source scenario as a new child and renaming it so it better fits your needs.

About the best practice, I’d say from my experience I do see a lot of environments working with a dedicated Actuals scenario. And, as I would recommend to have it, it mostly depends on your use case and your own way of working with forecasting.

Hope it helps.

Best,

Thanks Benoit, we have decided to use the dedicated “Actuals” scenario, similar to what you recommended 

Hello @Benoit ,
It seems that teh Edit scenario function is not working anymore (=> we cant change the name of a scenario, do you confirm ?)

It’s fixed , it seems it was a momentaneous bug  . Sorry for the spa

I agree that it would be HUGELY helpful to be able to change the display name of the scenario.  I have had this same issue since deploying Pigment last year.  Our Budget vs. Actual scenario always shows as “live forecast” which causes a lot of confusion in our reporting.  It would be great to get this functionality rolled out.